(alphabetical by provider or resource)
- AARP Care at Home resources
- American Geriatrics Society’s Health in Aging Foundation resource page on home care
- Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Association of New York State, which helps Medicaid recipients in need of personal care, home health and nursing services to recruit, hire, train, supervise and terminate their own personal assistants.
- Medicare and Home Health Care Guide. Booklet from Medicare & Medicaid that explains how to find and compare home health agencies, eligibility and other details about the Medicare home health benefit and who is eligible, and where to get questions answered. (Link goes to a downloadable 32-page PDF.)
- Medicaid guide to getting paid for caring for a loved one. Guide to Medicaid programs under which family members or friends can receive compensation. Caregivers may have to meet specific state requirements
- National Consumer Voice for Quality Long-Term Care advocacy resources for home care recipients.
- Next Step in Care Home Care Guides for Family Caregivers (United Hospital Fund)
- New York State Department of Health Home Care Information
- Includes a link to a directory of licensed home-care agencies
- Seniorly.com’s guide to home care.