- AARP Guide for Family Caregivers (Michigan-specific)
- Area Agencies on Aging Association of Michigan
- Member list with contact information for 16 regional agencies around the state. Agencies on Aging have a mission to help older Americans and their caregivers live quality lives with independence and dignity. (Links to Detroit area groups also found in local list below)
- Assisted Living in Michigan (from Assisted Living.org)
- Collection of resources based on data gathered from 20,000 assisted living communities serving older adults across the U.S., and over 750 statewide in Michigan.
- Caregiver Support Groups
- Support group list from AAA1B, covering Livingston. Macomb, Monroe, Oakland, and St. Clair counties.
- Support groups list (statewide) from Alzheimer’s Assocation for caregivers of those with dementia
- Michigan Department of Health and Human Services Aging & Adult Services Agency
- Searchable service directory Searches can be done with geography or type of service (alphabetical listing of 45 services).
- Michigan Long Term Care Ombudsman Program
- The Michigan Long Term Care Ombudsman Program strives to improve the quality of care and quality of life experienced by residents who reside in licensed long term care facilities and working to improve the long-term care system. The web page at this link Includes a “find your local ombudsman” link searchable by county.
- Michigan Medicare/Medicaid Assistance Program (MMAP)
- Program is designed to educate, counsel and empower Michigan’s older adults and individuals with disabilities, and those who serve them with unbiased information, so that they can make informed health benefit decisions.
- Alternatives for Seniors
- Digital version of the popular print directory (112 pages) that lists a wide variety of services for older adults in Southeastern Michigan.
- Detroit Area Agency on Aging (1A) Serves Detroit, Gross Pointe, GP Farms, GP Park, GP Shores, GP Woods, Hamtramck, Harper Woods, and Highland Park.
- Services directory Downloadable PDF (20 pages) with address, phone, email, website contact information for more than 30 social service agencies (and representatives of each) that provide many services including: adult Day care; caregiver support & training; community wellness, nutrition (meals sites), elder abuse, legal assistance, and long-term-care support.
- Senior Alliance (Area Agency on Aging 1C) Serves areas of Wayne County not served by 1A Livingston.
- Area Agency on Aging 1B) Serves Livingston, Macomb, Monroe, Oakland, Saint Clair, and Washtenaw Counties.
- Downloadable PDF guide to resources in 1B service areas.
- Respite information and resources page.
- Henry Ford Health
- Family Caregiver Resources Page from a major medical provider with links to resources including classes for caregivers, general information, and a directory of support groups.
- Interfaith Volunteer Caregivers Program Resources for Older Adults
- This Macomb County (Roseville) based volunteer organization provides assistance to older and disabled neighbors who need it, focusing on Macomb, Oakland and St. Clair counties. Its resources page has links to 25 national and regional organizations that assist older adults.
- PACE Southeast Michigan PACE exists to support older adults who need assistance to maintain independent living at home
- Southeast Michigan Senior Regional Collaborative, which has more than 30 nonprofits and public sector entities dedicated to providing the highest quality of services to older adults.
- St. Patrick’s Senior Center
- Located on Parsons Street near downtown Detroit, St. Patrick’s offers a wide variety of on-site and off-site services for older adults, including advocacy and home-based services particularly helpful for caregivers .
- Universal Dementia Caregivers Detroit-based organization that provides training, education, coaching and counseling on the care and services available to those confronting dementia concerns and their caregivers.